2013/07/12

Unboxing New Video Game Goodies!

So last week Saturday I finally received my box of new games from Japan The price kind of killed me but it was totally worth it! I've been waiting for a new Japanese 3DS game for awhile now so this box made my weekend. I also finally picked up my collector's edition for Muramasa on the vita (which I will include in this post).


The holy grail!
Opening this thing was a pain in the butt. The company I always order from uses some pretty strong tape lol I also had issues taking off the shipping invoice... My mom likes to reuse the shipping boxes from Japan (they are pretty sturdy) to store her work documents so I try my best to keep them in good condition. I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the box but it was packed tightly with a ton of paper!

F'yeah bubble wrap!
The games were nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and stacked on each other. The bubble wrap is wrapped around the games pretty tightly. I'm happy none of my boxes got damaged! I love bubble wrap... It's really fun to play with *coughs*

A friend's game...

This is a game my friend ordered with me. About a couple weeks earlier he also ordered the Project Diva F controller for the PS3. I wish I took a picture of the box... It was huge! The controller itself is really nice. If you are a Vocaloid fan, I would seriously suggest checking out the controller!

1st Press Edition
So first up of the games I bought is Storm Lover 2! I didn't finish Storm Lover 夏恋! yet. I plan to do so soon... For this title there was no limited edition (sadly) so I got the 1st Press Edition one. It supposed to come with a bonus scenario. I didn't open it just yet because it didn't come with anything too special (though I do love the scenario thing hehe). I should do that one of these days just in case the scenario is a time sensitive code...

Starry Sky ~after Autumn~Portable Limited edition
 This. This is what I was waiting for My second favorite character from Starry Sky is in this series (Iku heh...) *coughs* Anyway, I own all Starry Sky portable games to date in their limited edition bundles. I order the vast majority of my games this way if I can. If there is a special limited edition, I go for those too lol So with this one I ordered it from my normal site (if you guys want to know what site is that, just email me). They had a special limited edition that came with a special QUO card (basically a prepaid Japanese card). I like collecting things like this so I was like "Sure why not." I love the photo on this one... //shot

Left to right: game, mini art book, special UMD, and QUO card
 So this is what the limited edition came with. The game (duh), a mini art book (it's more like a mini magazine... It's mildly amusing lol), a special UMD (that has the opening/closing videos), and the special QUO card. I love the little art book. It's pretty amusing. In each of the limited edition PSP game sets, there is this mini magazine inside. There's small articles and character profiles inside. One of these I plan on translating them (once I am not lazy that is). I am just about done with the regular Autumn game so I can't wait to get started on after Autumn! I heard its pretty great so I am excited to give it a try.

FINALLY SUMMER ON THE 3DS!!!
THIS. UGH. Okay so I did say I was waiting for after Autumn but... Summer is my favorite Starry Sky game hands down. I was really looking forward to it being released on the 3DS (yay for another game to play on my Japanese system). Super happy about this!!! I've played this game before but I don't care
Left to right: stickers, mini book, game, and drama CD
I am SO happy with this set! Only thing I was a bit bummed was that I didn't get my favorite character for the stickers. I like Homare but Azusa is my ultimate favorite Starry Sky bishie *coughs* This limited edition set came with the game, stickers, special mini book, special drama CD, and another QUO card. I need to take a break from playing Animal Crossing so I popped this into my system already. I am seriously enjoying it! I will post a review about it eventually (including all the differences).

Overall I am super happy with my order (minus the stickers but that's not the companies fault). Its a great addition to my collection of otome and Japanese games! My collection of that is still a bit small so this is a great addition.

As I mentioned above, I reserved the collector's edition of Muramasa for the PSVITA at work. I am super glad I bought it! The set came with some nice stuff!

The box...
Left to right: Vita case, lithograph, game, skin, soundtrack, and velvet pouch
 I was like "Holy shit!" when I saw all that stuff inside. I don't normally use skins so that's gunna stay in the package... I love the lithograph! It's super nice... The bag is nice! It's velvet. I want to use the VITA case but at the same time I don't =/ I hate it when I scratch things up so... I'll think about it lol Overall, I am very happy with this collector's edition. It was totally worth the money. Now to find the time to play the game lol

PSVita Skin and case
Lithograph and velvet pouch

As a whole, I am really happy with my recent game purchases. The biggest question now is, when am I going to find the time to play it all I also have to find places to put everything. I am kind of running out of space for everything. It's crazy... *coughs* Anywho, stay tuned for my next update!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME LOOTAGE ^_^ I hope you get to play all ur games soon & maybe one day I'll find time to play mine ;P Looking forward to more posts XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much stuff lolNow to wait until you play them all so I can hear about how they are Lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I need to watch you play these games one day :D

    ReplyDelete